Information about our client's users
XM handles information relating to our client’s own customers (or end-users) as a service provider on behalf of our customers. Sage eCommerce integrates with the Sage ERP system and syncs in more than 65 data-tables both ways. Nearly all of the data stored in the Sage eCommerce platform is inherited from the Sage ERP solution. Apart from newsletter signups and potentially customer shipment (ship-to) information, there is no additional data that is stored in the Sage eCommerce platform. All customer information is owned by our clients and if the information is deleted from the Sage solution, it will be permanently deleted from the Sage eCommerce platform as well. Since this information is owned by our clients, our use of this information is governed by our agreements with our clients and is also subject to our client’s Privacy Policies.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual, including:
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Credit and debit card number
We need to collect and process these types of Personal Information in order to provide the requested Services to you, or because we are legally required to do so. We may collect this information in a number of ways including but not limited to:
- Online forms - to book a demo, become a partner or sign up for our newsletter
- Customer Support Portals - Contact-Us page, chat, Helpdesk and phone support
- Other Sources - Business Partners, public databases, social media platforms
If you do not want your personally-identifiable information collected, please do not submit it to us. If you have already submitted this information and would like for us to remove it from our records, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will delete your information within five business days from our existing files.
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
XM uses Personal Information for legitimate business purposes. Here is an overview of what the information might be used for:
- To be of service to our clients and partners
- To respond to inquiries, attend to requests, complete transactions, verify identity and provide high-level customer service
- To send administrative information to you such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies, new feature launches and other marketing information that we believe may be of interest
- To allow you to sign up for our Partner eXchange program and become a Sage eCommerce partner
- To contact you, either directly or through one of our resellers, to offer them the option to renew our existing services or add new services
- To analyze Personal Information for business reporting and provide personalized services
- To personalize your experience on the Services by presenting products, offers, services and customer care that is tailored to you
- To accomplish our business purposes
- For data analysis, such as to improve the efficiency of our Services
- To meet regulatory requirements
- For developing new products, services and features
Disclosing Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed to:
- All XM Employees (within all XM offices across the world)
- Our business partners
- Third party businesses used for marketing or advertising services
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual.
Collection of other information
- Facebook Pixel: Sage eCommerce provides our clients with the ability to track users via Pixel tags. Pixels can be used to track user activity of the Services, measure success of social marketing efforts and compile statistics about use of the Services and response rates.
- IP Address: Your IP address is a label assigned to each device connected to a computer network that uses the Internet Protocol. An IP address can be identified and stored automatically in our server whenever a user accesses the Services.
- Physical Location: We may collect the physical location of your device by using satellite, cell phone towers or WiFi signals. Having your physical location allows us to provide you with personalized location-based content and services.
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other developer, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with our Social Media Pages.
We may use third-party advertising companies (such as Google Adwords) to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services. To do so, the advertising companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags). They may also use these technologies, along with information they collect about your online use, to recognize you across the devices you use, such as a mobile phone and a laptop.
Security and Changes to your Personal Information
We will seek reasonable measures to protect your Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data storage or transmission system is guaranteed to be a 100% secure. If you believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure and wish to edit or delete the information we hold, please contact us at email@example.com to proceed with the requested changes.
If you would like to change your choices regarding our storage, use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes, you can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in the footer of the email.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- the length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you
- when we have legal obligation to which we are subject
- as advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations)
If you have any further questions, please get in tough with us at:
XM Corporate Headquarters
Unit 700 - 1901 Rosser Avenue